North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking an Accounting Associate position that offers an immediate challenge, career opportunity, and advancement.
Remarkable experience in accounting and bookkeeping
In-depth knowledge of accounting and cost controlling standards
Broad knowledge of Accounting Principles and policies
Familiarity with federal and state financial regulations
Proven ability to apply accounting principles and practices
Remarkable ability to analyze data & draw conclusions with strong written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Excel JD Edwards, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Profound ability to efficiently handle competing priorities and tasks
Accounting Associate, August 2005 to till date
Westinghouse Electric Company, Austin, MN
- Monitored daily bank account, data retention and analysis.
- Liaised between Student Accounts and Accounting departments for student related functions.
- Processed student stipends, refunds and manual checks.
- Facilitated backup support for Accounts Payable, Employee Reimbursement, and Daily Cash Review; and monitored leave balances.
- Assisted with credit hour adjustments for revenue and in month end closings, audits and special projects.
Accounting Associate, May 2000 to July 2005
Safeway Inc, Austin, MN
- Prepared basic journal entries within Company closing schedule.
- Performed basic account reconciliations.
- Processed purchase orders and invoices.
- Compiled numerical information and generated detailed accounting reports.
- Maintained historical accounting information records.
- Ensured to adhere to internal control policies and procedures; and performed all other related duties as assigned.
Associate Degree in Accounting, Ohio Dominican University, Ohio, OH