North Highlands CA 95660
Secure a challenging position as an Accounting Technician in a growing organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Deep knowledge to handle Accounting system
- Ability to apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Excellent ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers
- Strong ability to use an automated accounting system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong detail oriented organizational skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Understanding of Networking, Linux, Windows and writing scripts
Accounting Technician, August 2005 to till date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Providence, RI
- Examined and maintained accounts payable related reports and vendor files.
- Maintained the credit card accounts, which included opening and closing of individual card accounts and reconciling monthly statements.
- Reconciled subsidiary accounts and in-cash receipt processing according to CSS policies.
- Maintained banking activities and received billings related to CSS and processed for payment.
- Received and processed program charges and issues and recorded and filed customer invoices and statements.
Accounting Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
Swedish Medical Center, Providence, RI
- Performed technical accounting duties such as reexamining written documents, verifying calculations and entering information.
- Reviewed and reconciled accounting utilities as assigned.
- Ensured the verification of account information and balances accurately reflect accounting transactions and data entries.
- Prepared assigned financial reports, schedules, and daily deposits forms and spreadsheets.
- Organized standard monthly journal entries to the general ledger based upon established formats and methodologies, logs, tracks and filed all journals
- Carried out assigned responsibilities with zero errors according to established department standards.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, AK