North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant position to contribute my bookkeeping and office management skills to an organization offering opportunity for improvement.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- A great deal of experience in Accounts Payable
- In depth Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent ability to verify the accuracy and completeness of vendorâ€™s original invoice
- Strong ability in Preparing vendor and employee checks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills) and Internet skills
- Proficient with ERP systems, data warehouse reporting tools, MS Access, MS Excel
- Ability to interact professionally with different personalities
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Ability to assess, recommend and implement process improvement
Accounts Payable Accountant, August 2005 â€“ Present
Futurestep, Inc., Ukiah, CA
- Processed and researched vendor invoices and handled accounting of the PC Purchase program, guided on reimbursements; and managed corporate credit card accounts and relocation.
- Administered the accounting activities and the corporate asset accounting.
- Processed employee expense reports, reviewed documentation and managed third party travel expenses.
- Prepared month-end journals, reconciliations, and cross charges.
- Performed monthly inter-company transactions; reviewed and researched overhead statements for accuracy during month-end, working with department managers.
- Completed management requests for special projects.
Accounts Payable Accountant, May 2000 â€“ July 2005
Solomon Edwards Group, Ukiah, CA
- Processed accounts payable and expense reports in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepared checks by ensuring proper support is attached for review.
- Reconciled monthly corporate statement to support documentation and managed to resolve any discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Responded to vendor and employee payment inquiries.
- Prepared monthly entries to the general ledger and prepared corresponding account reconciliations and assisted in the monthly closing process.
- Evaluated and implemented internal control policies and procedures.
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Finance, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA