North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking position as an Admissions Specialist in which my abilities as a specialist can be utilized to the fullest.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of screening, admissions and insurance issues
- Sound experience working in a behavioral health care setting
- Good knowledge of insurance plans and third party requirements
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment, psychiatric diagnoses symptomology, crisis and behavior management
- Familiarity with local, state government and federal programs
- Proficient with the Meditech system, showing ability to enter and retrieve data
- Profound ability to work effectively with patients, family members and staff
- Superior detail and follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Admissions Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Catholic Health Initiatives, Tampa, FL
- Performed to complete registration procedure, insurance verification, accounts follow-up and pre-certification.
- Explained financial requirements to the patient or responsible party.
- Verified patient client demographic information.
- Compiled and distributed patients’ information and financial status.
- Operated and maintained all office equipment of health care facility.
Admissions Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Catholic Charities, Tampa, FL
- Handled all intake functions and quality assurance needs.
- Maintained client and administrative reports and records.
- Provided diagnostic assessments, treatment plans and appropriate clinical interventions.
- Coordinated with supervisor for case consultation and other service related needs.
- Participated in staff meetings, peer case consultations, in-services, case record reviews and CQI process.
- Assisted with marketing plan and strategies.
Master’s Degree in Social Worker, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK