North Highlands CA 95660
Looking for work as Advancement Director in a firm that allows me to practice my expertise while also continuing to grow and advance in my experiences.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in Fundraising and event planning
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting and fundraising
- Proven record of success in philanthropic fund-raising
- Familiarity with fundraising systems and MS Office Suite
- Good understanding of fundraising and marketing concepts and strategies
- Possess demonstrated track record of setting and achieving goals
- Excellent writing, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems calmly, graciously and constructively
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity
Advancement Director, August 2005 – Present
Latino Community Services, Ontario, NY
- Identified and created prospects for collection of major gifts.
- Developed and maintained a planned giving program for donors to meet objectives.
- Managed and oversaw the grant process which included identifying appropriate foundations and writing grants.
- Coordinated and oversaw the donor management system.
- Recommended and implemented special fundraising events including appropriate stewardship and appreciation events for donors and friends.
Advancement Director, May 2000 – July 2005
California State University, Ontario, NY
- Collaborated with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to build a development plan that is integrated with the company’s strategic plan.
- Oversaw Advancement Office operations, donor files and database and financial records.
- Provided information for short and long-term financial planning about gifts, including an evaluation of expected gifts.
- Oversaw the creation and supervision of the Advancement Office budget, including approval of contracts and invoices.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Cardinal Stritch University, Milwaukee, WI