North Highlands CA 95660
Pursuing an Affirmative Action Officer position in which my skills, special training and experience will positively impact the organization in meeting end goals.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable management experience in affirmative action and equal employment
- Skilled in investigating discrimination complaints and managing institutional responses
- Sound knowledge of socio-economic problems, multi-cultural issues, cultural differences
- Proficient in using MS Access and Excel to create reports
- In-depth knowledge of Federal laws and requirements pertaining to affirmative action
- Familiarity with federal and state laws pertaining to EEO/AA and disability discrimination issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Affirmative Action Officer, August 2005 – Present
State of California, Wayne, NJ
- Received and investigated inquiries and formal complaints of unlawful discrimination from applicants and employees.
- Identified and resolved problems related to affirmative action.
- Developed, implemented and evaluated prospects of employment and affirmative action plans.
- Interpreted equal employment opportunity requirements of Federal and State agencies.
- Disseminated affirmative action and equal employment opportunity policies to community action groups, recruitment sources and educational institutions.
Affirmative Action Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Glen ridge public schools, Wayne, NJ
- Analyzed all personnel policies to determine if they are administered without discrimination.
- Served as liaison between school district and the community organizations, contractors, vendors and others concerned with equal opportunity employment.
- Developed resource lists of multicultural and balanced supplemental materials.
- Monitored equal access to facilities and a harassment-free school environment for all employees and students.
- Measured the effectiveness of the affirmative action program and administered discriminatory grievances filed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA