North Highlands CA 95660
Position as After School Program Director at the organization in order to increase the positive track record of the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience of in youth development program
- Profound knowledge of working with middle-school-aged youth in NYC public schools
- Skilled in administrating contract-based programs
- Sound knowledge of implementing and monitoring programming
- Skilled in managing and supervising youth development program
- Good understanding of youth development concepts
- Excellent program planning, organizing, oral communication and writing skills
- Ability to establish and enforce high standards of student conduct
- Exceptional ability to attract and engage a diverse group of students
After School Program Director, August 2005 – Present
Sports & Arts in Schools Foundation, Jackson, MS
- Responsible of program goals, reports and performance outcomes in relation with government and foundation grants and support.
- Implemented informal and formal evaluation of program demographics, impact, outcomes and effectiveness.
- Recruited, trained and supervised of part-time staff, evaluated and determined training needs.
- Reviewed program offerings to meet the changing needs of participants.
- Organized after school events to showcase students’ work for parents, teachers and other community members.
- Developed positive relationships with school staff, administration and parents.
- Attended mandatory conferences and meetings associated with grants.
After School Program Director, May 2000 – July 2005
The Vietnamese Friendship Association, Jackson, MS
- Developed curricula and lesson plans for all activities.
- Prepared weekly schedule of After School activities and assigned staff accordingly.
- Maintained ongoing communication with appropriate school staff to assess students’ progress and resolved problems.
- Prepared flyers and posters for community outreach.
- Assisted with the organization of mass mailings.
- Reported to Vice President of Youth Services.
- Assisted with various departmental activities as scheduled.
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, VA