North Highlands CA 95660
AIX System Administrator with strong desire to learn and grow seeking position with organization in which to use my skills to their fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience with AIX server Administration and UNIX / Linux Operating Systems
- Expertise in AIX 5L Workload Manager and Unix OS
- Profound knowledge of UNIX and SVN
- Familiarity with AIX 5.x administration Scripting (KSH, PERL, AWK)
- Ability to work in more than one project at a time and meet deadlines
- Ability to document technical information
- Ability to perform daily OS Maintenance, installations, OS upgrades, user account maintenance
- Ability to make decisions quickly and in accordance with company policies
AIX System Administrator, November 2007 – Present
Talon, Lombard, IL
- Provided technical support to Operations and the application developers.
- Maintained, replaced and repaired the Linux and AIX operating systems, including any hardware related problem.
- Facilitated various vendors by providing technical support and troubleshooting.
- Streamlined the backup for various processes such as recovery, change and account management.
- Maintained and installed Linux and Aix servers and various softwares associated with it.
- Coordinated with the customers and team members to provide technical assistance.
AIX System Administrator, December 2001 – October 2007
Adecco, Lombard, IL
- Upgraded systems from AIX to Linux and provided technical support to customers.
- Developed the IBM and AIX infrastructure as per the need of the client.
- Specialized in SME of the AIX and Linux systems and resolved issues accordingly.
- Provided technical documentation to the management and the project manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Empire College, Santa Rosa, CA