North Highlands CA 95660
Looking for an opportunity to work for a well-established firm by filling the position of Animal Cruelty Investigator.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in investigating animal cruelties
- Thorough knowledge of State Statutes regarding animal cruelty and its enforcement requirements and process
- In-depth knowledge of animal control, care, behavior, capture and euthanasia techniques
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Animal Cruelty Investigator, August 2005 – Present
PETA, Franklin (Deleware), NY
- Observed areas of alleged violations and interviewed available witnesses to determine if laws are being violated.
- Informed persons perpetrating inhumane acts of laws and penalties for violations.
- Reported violators to police and requested police to arrest violators.
- Removed animals from inhumane conditions and drove vehicle to transport animals to shelter for treatment and care.
- Compiled detailed and complex reports to document investigations.
- Prepared records, reports, files and notes to compile potential violations for case presentation.
Animal Cruelty Investigator, May 2000 – July 2005
San Diego Humane Society, Franklin (Deleware), NY
- Spent majority of their working time in the field, investigated all complaints and concerns of animal welfare.
- Worked regularly with various law enforcement agencies from the state, local and federal levels.
- Provided assistance and education in animal welfare investigations.
- Received documents and investigated animal abuse, animal ignorance and animal desertion complaints.
- Performed and carried out animal rescues in compliance to OHS policies.
- Assisted other agencies in disaster situations as directed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science, Albany State University, Albany, GA