North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain an Animal Keeper position that enables me to make a positive contribution to company by utilizing my skills to their fullest potential.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of handling and taking care of all animals of the zoological facility
- Extensive knowledge of animal husbandry, behavior, and food diets
- Commendable knowledge of a variety of wildlife and exotic animals
- Familiarity with all established workplace safety rules and practices
- Ability to monitor and assess conditions of animal health and behavior
- Ability to speak with colleagues, volunteers, and visitors, in a friendly manner
Kansas City Zoo – Kansas City, MO
August 2012 – Present
- Handled, controlled, and moved all assigned animals to intended locations, as needed.
- Prepared and administered appropriate food to animals residing in the facility.
- Detected, monitored, and reported all abnormal animal behaviors to the authorized personnel.
- Prepared and maintained animal-specific records, on a daily basis.
- Cleaned and tidied all animal enclosures and other facility areas, properly.
- Directed and mentored all assigned staff, volunteers, and part-time workers, efficiently.
Houston Zoo – Houston, TX
May 2009 – July 2012
- Swept, washed, and disinfected all animal enclosures and feeding areas.
- Prepared and provided animal-specific food items and enrichment devices.
- Identified, tracked, and reported sick and injured animals, in a timely manner.
- Held animals during veterinary visits and assisted in dispensing medications to them.
- Liaised with scientific personnel and assisted them in conducting animal studies.
- Organized and coordinated all animal-related educational and public events.
Associate Degree in Animal Science
Blue Mountain Community College, Pendleton, OR