North Highlands CA 95660
To contribute to organizational effectiveness as an ArcSight SIEM Engineer utilizing my expertise in ArcSight ESM, Linux, Unix, SourceFire and NetIQ.
Operational knowledge of hardware components like:
- FoundStone IDS
Proficient in utilizing other hardware products:
- Cisco Pix, SunFire
- Compaq 2500/ 5000/ 6000 server
- Dell server/ desktop
Vast potential to implement software utilities:
- ArcSight ESM
- Primavera ProSight
- Snort, Encase
Skilled at using multiple operating systems:
- Windows 2000/ 2003/ XP/ NT
- Unix, Linux
- Solaris 2.8
Thorough with other software applications:
- Compaq Insight Manager
- Backup Exec 7.2
- Remedy, Legato
Adept with programming languages:
- HTML, CSS, MySQL
- Action script
Superb in utilizing tools and applications:
- Joomla CMS
- Adobe Captivate
- Flash, Dreamweaver
Immense capabilities to:
- Suggest technical solutions to complicated problems
- Utilize development methodologies like Waterfall, agile and spiral
ArcSight SIEM Engineer
January 2012 – Present
- Formulated and configured Logger appliances and analyzed system anomalies.
- Designed and developed ArcSight architecture components and related upgrades.
- Prepared system plans and executed ArcSight architecture modifications.
- Managed, upgraded and maintained operational data flows and ArcSight platforms.
- Maintained and modified hardware and software components, content and documentation.
- Created and documented reports, rules, trends and Dashboard.
- Analyzed ArcSight and related tools and resolved IT security failures.
- Provided guidance for equipment checks and supported processing of security requests.
ArcSight SIEM Engineer
November 2010 – January 2012
- Implemented and managed ArcSight ESM and Connectors at multiple locations.
- Prepared and customized report templates and reviewed dynamic content.
- Created notification templates and reported as per specific event attributes.
- Provided support to content development tasks and analyzed ArcSight data sources.
- Designed and developed filter and evaluated significant events.
- Formulated security content data such as filters, reports, signature and mapping.
- Executed database tuning and troubleshooting processes and updated configuration files.
- Documented and reviewed new report templates, functional reports and system configurations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Pennsylvania State University
August 2006 – May 2010
University Park, PA
HP Technical Certified I – ArcSight Security