North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain an Area Coordinator position and to contribute to the success and reputation of the company.
Area Coordinator, August 2005 – Present
Union Resource Center, Henderson, NC
- Provided substitution for the Regional Manager at short notice.
- Managed daily administrative processes and maintenance and custodial priorities.
- Coordinated and developed annual individual staff development plans and departmental goals and objectives for area staff.
- Promoted and demonstrated the department’s commitment in creating an environment that values and respects each individual and integrated a celebration of differences.
- Coordinated and supported hall, area, community efforts to provide programs.
- Collaborated with residents living in the off campus apartments.
Area Coordinator, May 2000 – July 2005
Weatherford International, Henderson, NC
- Guided Resident Assistants (RA) and Resident Coordinators (RC), and arranged one-on-one meetings and provided performance evaluations.
- Contributed to and encouraged the development of positive working relationships between all residence life staff.
- Selected, trained and provided in-service activities for the paraprofessional staff.
- Oversaw RA/RC programming efforts, approved ideas, allocated funds and logged and tracked all programs.
- Assisted with facility operations and reporting.
- Implemented specific goals and objectives that are consistent with those of Residence Life.
- Provided on-call duty coverage and responded to emergencies weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of working for relief and development with rural communities
- Sound knowledge and experience of upstream to midstream activities and processes
- Thorough knowledge of counseling, conflict management and crisis intervention strategies
- Extensive knowledge and skilled in supervisory practices and techniques
- Excellent IT skills including the use of databases and GIS systems
- Deep knowledge of basic budget processes and preparing detailed reports
- Familiar with facilities maintenance and custodial processes
- In-depth knowledge of academic support services within residential settings
- Exceptional ability to establish and maintain effective student and staff relationships
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Metropolitan State College of Denver, Colorado, CO