North Highlands CA 95660
AS400 System Administrator with excellent skills and the ability to work independently or as a team member seeking position with well established organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in managing AS400 systems
- Outstanding knowledge of AS400 operations and administration
- Sound knowledge of IBM LPAR and HMC technologies
- Operational knowledge of iOS V5R3
- Ability to improve process, reduce timeline required for processing
- Ability to write queries in API, CL, RPG and SQL
- Ability to use various tools like JobWatcher, BRMS, iDoctor and iNAV
- Ability to prepare various policies and follow the procedure of the company
AS 400 System Administrator, November 2007 – Present
NetEffects, Inc, Cordova, IL
- Administered the iSeries hardware and operating systems such as iOS.
- Installed and upgraded the various hardware and software associated with the servers along with patches.
- Maintained and performed preventative and corrective maintenance on all iServers to increase their productivity.
- Regulated the functioning of the servers by performing various actions such as memory tune ups, keeping the object dust free and maintaining its subsystem.
- Prepared records of all maintenance work, requirements of the servers and other documentation.
AS 400 System Administrator, December 2001 – October 2007
Karen Smith, Cordova, IL
- Assisted users in level one and level two technical support for all available application on the server and other associated system problems.
- Designed automated systems to generate reports for the AS 400.
- Reviewed the software and hardware problems and suggested solutions accordingly to the users.
- Coordinated with 3PL and users to troubleshoot and solve problems through the AS 400 by data transfers.
- Fortified the AS 400 and LAN platforms to ensure security to the servers.
- Designed the recovery procedure of the server in time of emergency.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD