North Highlands CA 95660
To secure Associate Lawyer position with a well established law firm.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with general litigation activities
- Exceptional knowledge of financial related matters
- Thorough knowledge of business litigation units
- Skilled in legal related tracking system
- Familiarity with a variety of the law concepts, practices, procedures, Westlaw, LexisNexis, and PCLaw
- Proficient withMicrosoft Office Suite, and legal related tracking systems and databases
- Good understanding of legal research and analytical procedures
- Outstanding ability to develop oral advocacy skills
- Immense ability to participate in legal campaigns
- Remarkable ability to negotiate with clients
McDowell Group, LTD, San Jose, CA
August 2007 â€“ Present
- Provided legal support for immigration related matters.
- Prepared applications for permanent residence, employment authorizations and citizenship.
- Prepared legal documents for embassies and consulates.
- Participated in court briefings and major legal actions.
- Reviewed firmâ€™s law concepts and recommended improvements.
- Renewed contracts for leases, licenses, insurances and other purchases.
- Provided timely responses to Attorneys and court systems.
- Mentored law clerks as needed.
Expat Network Ltd, San Jose, CA
May 2004 â€“ July 2007
- Assisted Attorneys in court hearings.
- Developed case strategy based on client information.
- Explained to clients about legal options and legal issues.
- Interpreted court rules and decisions to clients.
- Interviewed witnesses to gather evidences.
- Reviewed and recorded investigative findings.
- Managed schedules of civil litigation cases.
- Informed clients about case status on regular basis.
Masterâ€™s Degree in Law
Georgia Gwinnett College, Lawrenceville, GA
Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Law
Skyline College, San Bruno, CA