North Highlands CA 95660
Highly motivated Behavior Detection Officer seeking an opportunity to aid the advancement of the organization and make positive contributions to the business.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience of basic transportation security screening
- Profound knowledge of Law Enforcement
- In-depth knowledge in operation of security equipment
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Good understanding of the anticipated composition of travelers associated with flights
- Familiarity with screening through, casual conversation, selectee screening and LEO intervention.
- Ability to document identified behaviors as the basis for referrals
- Excellent communication and investigative skills
Behavior Detection Officer, August 2005 – Present
Department Of Homeland Security, San Jose, CA
Managed Screening Passengers by Observation Technique (SPOT)Team.
Identified the needs and performed as volunteer with the public.
Analyzed baseline information, identified the flight destinations, understood the anticipated composition of travelers associated with the flights.
Assessed multiple travelers simultaneously and used programmatic information to analyze whether elevated suspicion exists that may indicate the potential for criminal and terrorist activity.
Communicated tactfully and diligently for convenience of traveling public.
Interpreted TSA policies, standards and information.
Participated actively in law enforcement duties and operations when necessary.
Behavior Detection Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Chenega Corporation, San Jose, CA
Conducted passive observation and engaged in voluntary encounters with the public to determine whether individuals may be involved in suspected criminal and terrorist activities.
Assessed multiple individuals simultaneously and used defined methods to detect unusual behavior.
Referred individuals for additional screening through, casual conversation, selectee screening and LEO intervention.
Documented identified behaviors as the basis for referrals.
Prepared incident reports when law enforcement is involved.
Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science, Brown Mackie College, Salina, KS