North Highlands CA 95660
A highly talented and ingenious professional looking for the right opportunity to build a long term career as a Bioinformatics Developer and help in increasing organizational effectiveness using my expertise in MySQL, Oracle, Perl, Python, C, C++, Unix and Linux.
Strong technical knowledge of programming languages:
- Java, C
- C++, Perl
- Python, Bash
Scripting language skills:
- HTML, XML, Unix Shell scripting
- JQuery, VBScript
Thorough with Unix systems:
- Mac OS X
Proficient in utilizing IDEs:
- Komodo Edit
Highly efficient in using Java related technologies:
- JSP, Servlets
- Swings, Springs
- Struts, Hibernate
Database administration expertise:
Quick and brilliant in utilizing tools:
- Eclipse, NetBeans
- Weka, Side
- FTP, Putty
Wide range of capabilities to:
- Effectively manage bioinformatics databases
- Implement RAID technologies and other data transfer protocols
Noramtec Consultants Inc.
January 2012 – Present
North Billerica, MA
- Designed and developed web scrappers for downloading useful information.
- Developed and implemented BioJava modules for calculating useful information.
- Formulated and executed string manipulations and threads methods.
- Installed and maintained pipelines for algorithm implementation.
- Provided technical assistance during all phases of SDLC for genomic data analysis.
- Supported and administered MySQL databases and schema.
- Prepared and updated scripts for MongoDB databases.
- Created and managed web portals for bioinformatics tools in JQuery.
November 2010 – January 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
- Conducted structural comparison between various sequences of modern species.
- Maintained and managed LAMP and WAMP platforms for storage of data sets.
- Formulated and executed methodologies for integration and reporting of data sets.
- Supported new tools for data mining of data sets on MySQL databases.
- Conducted detailed research of clinical data and new software tools.
- Evaluated and documented requirements, control policies and release notes.
- Administered and supported program code and operating systems.
- Installed, upgraded and maintained servers, disk space and backups.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Grayson County College
August 2006 – May 2010
Certified Biometrics Professional (CBP)