North Highlands CA 95660
Hard-working and knowledgeable biomedical equipment technician with an Associate’s degree seeing a position with a successful company in which I can further my career while honing my troubleshooting, maintenance and repair skills.
Rochester High School
High School Diploma, 2012
Grade Average: A
- Advanced Computer Technology
- MS Word and Excel
- Health and Fitness
- Basic Electronics
Rutherford Community College
Associate’s Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, 2014
- Able to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair a variety of machines and devices.
- Willing to travel in order to provide services in hospitals or clinics.
- Able to pay attention to small details in order to quickly discover problems and provide solutions.
- Work efficiently with or without direct supervision.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Team player driven to help the company succeed.
- Firm understanding of biomedical terms.
- Familiar with imaging, heart-lung, and dialysis machines, etc.
- ICC certified technician.
Internship – Regional Hospital and Medical Center
- Shadowed experienced technician to gain hands-on experience with imaging equipment and dialysis machinery.
- Was required to troubleshoot machines when they experienced real issues and provide the right solutions.
- Performed regular maintenance on CAT and PET scan machines.
- Assisted in the maintenance and repair of other types of equipment, such as IV machines and wheelchairs.
Mid-Level Professional Resume
As a mid-level professional, you will have gained around five years’ experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing biomedical equipment. Your resume should focus on any skills or further information that you have gained along the way. In the biomedical equipment technician resume sample below, Micah Roland starts out by listing the things in which he excels, but he then moves on to describe his achievements with previous employers.
18 Jackson Court Apt. 4, Lexington, KY 40502 • (777)-777-7777 • [email protected]
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: Talented and driven biomedical equipment technician skilled at installing, maintaining, and repairing various types of patient care machinery and equipment. Available for any schedule and willing to be on-call for emergency repairs.CORE COMPETENCIES
- Understand a wide range of simple and complex medical equipment.
- Adept with precision tools.
- Dedicated to patient care; reliable and hard-working.
- Able to read and analyze equipment blueprints effectively.
- Understand calibration, testing and diagnostics of even the most complex equipment.
- Able to manage inventory.
- Can create and adhere to maintenance schedules.
- Was given the opportunity to train two entry-level technicians in May of 2012 and June of 2014.
- Awarded Employee of the Month in July 2014.
- Assisted in the integration of new software responsible for creating and tracking maintenance schedules.
- Assisted in creating on-call schedules for six biomedical equipment technicians to ensure that someone was available around the clock for emergency equipment repair.
Bluegrass Medical Equipment, Lexington, KY
Biomedical Equipment Technician, June 2013 – Present
- Install, disassemble, and reassemble complex machinery.
- Routinely check equipment for damage as well as for wear and tear.
- Demonstrate the proper operation of medical equipment to hospital and clinic staff; provide instruction on preventative maintenance and upkeep.
- Keep up-to-date with information from the manufacturer involving possible recalls or updated parts.
- Use many different types of tools, including power and precision tools, to repair, maintain, install, and even rebuild various types of equipment.
Rashad Medical Supply, Lexington, KY
Biomedical Equipment Technician, March 2011 – June 2013
- Took inventory and ordered new supplies as necessary.
- Worked directly with customers to help them find the equipment they needed.
- Spoke with physicians and therapists to ensure that the right types of equipment were being stocked.
- Assisted customers with testing and troubleshooting equipment.
Jamestown Hospital, Lexington, KY
Biomedical Equipment Technician, May 2010 – March 2011
- Was responsible for the maintenance and repair of IV and dialysis machines throughout the hospital.
- Provided routine safety checks and preventative maintenance.
- Took inventory and provided reports through the proper channels.
- Was responsible for keeping and updating maintenance logs.
- Located or fabricated the parts necessary for completing repairs.
- Calibrated the equipment for the best performance and longest lifespan.
Ford High School
High School Diploma, 2007
Associate’s Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology
Western Kentucky University, 2009
Jones and Davis General Hospital, January 2010 – May 2010.
Experienced Professional Resume
An experienced professional is someone who has around a decade’s worth of experience working in the biomedical equipment field. In this case, it is important to truly showcase your abilities and any certifications or ongoing training you have received in your biomedical equipment technician resume. In the biomedical equipment technician sample resume below, Angela Howard starts off by listing her core competencies, but she also showcases her CBET title and workshop attendance.