North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking the position of Book Designer in a reputed company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in book and magazine designing
- Thorough knowledge of pre-press processes and print production
- In-depth knowledge of typesetting and graphics arts processes
- Proficient with CS4 – InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Exceptional design skills and creative conceptual thinking
- Ability to be innovative in both design and process
- Ability to work under pressure on a high volume of projects
Candlewick Press, Seattle, WA
April 2006 – Present
Designed books ensuring compliance to publisher’s aesthetic standards.
Designed books in relation to market, quality level, cost, and publishing schedule.
Monitored the progress of projects so that publishing schedules are met.
Created original designs for both covers and interiors.
Provided design images in suitable form for the Marketing department.
Marshall Cavendish, Seattle, WA
June 2002 – March 2006
- Designed various book projects.
- Conceptualized creative, comprehensive and contemporary covers and interiors of books.
- Maintained brand awareness and industry and design trends.
- Coordinated photo shoots to achieve high-quality, creative imagery for each title.
- Identified and resolved potential layout issues during design process.
Bachelor’s Degrees in Art and Design
Alliant International University, California, CA