North Highlands CA 95660
Position as Budget Analyst.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Ability to prepare Crystal Reports and Avega AFM
- Ability to interpret Federal and VA budget regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- A great deal of experience in developing tracking systems in Excel
- Familiar with the NIH grant coding structure and grants management skills
- Extensive knowledge of government accounting standards
- strong analytical and presentation skills to support the clients Budget Formulation
Budget Analyst, August 2005 – Present
Mtsi, Colorado Springs, CO
- Created financial reports showing the status of receipts, obligations, and expenditures of funds.
- Developed appropriate budget and funding models.
- Analyzed and evaluated the effects of program plans and issued the program budget
- Monitored and tracked obligations and the use of budgetary resources for assigned programs.
- Provided accurate and timely financial management and budget forecasting.
- Analyzed budget execution and assessed budgetary performance and program goals.
- Ensured the effective integration of program and budget planning.
Budget Analyst, May 2000 – July 2005
Booz Allen, Colorado Springs, CO
- Provided analysis and participated in the preparation of budget related documents.
- Assisted in annual budgeting process for selected area by monitoring budget execution and formulation.
- Performed financial reporting and analysis of actual, plans, and forecasts.
- Provided analysis, advice and recommendations on internal and external business drivers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA