North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking full time employment as Budget Director in order to practice my skills daily.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in a finance and budget management
- In-depth knowledge of budget planning and management, techniques and methodologies
- Deep knowledge of managing budget operations
- Proficient with financial software, Microsoft Office Suite, datawarehouses, and adhoc financial reporting tools
- Ability to write reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Skilled in budgeting and financial planning
- Excellent written and oral communication, human relation, organizational, interpersonal and administration skills
- Exceptional ability to build a sustainable organization
Budget Director, August 2005 – Present
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Bloomfield Township, MI
- Prepared financial statement analysis and memos on financial statements.
- Improved, implemented and enforced policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that enhanced the overall operation of the organization.
- Ensured suitable internal controls and maintained financial records.
- Prepared annual budget and updated projected budget.
- Ensured adherence with federal and state law.
- Monitored investment portfolio performance and ensured compliance to short-term investment policy.
Budget Director, May 2000 – July 2005
University of Miami, Bloomfield Township, MI
- Developed and monitored annual operating budget.
- Oversaw daily budget transaction and activity.
- Prepared monthly and annual budget reports.
- Developed and managed the budget control module of an enterprise software system.
- Provided analysis, direction advice and assistance regarding department budget operations.
- Developed and implemented budget operation reporting process and procedures.
- Provided university-wide training in budgeting process and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts, Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, VA
Master’s Degree in Finance, Wartburg College, Waverly, IA