North Highlands CA 95660
Category Analyst position where I can effectively utilize my skills and expertise.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Experience in making sense of a wide range of complex data and creating actionable findings
- Skilled in report writing, presentation preparation and delivery
- Working knowledge of syndicate data and applications
- Ability to analyzing data, formulating recommendations, developing presentations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret the analysis results
- Sound knowledge of syndicated data tools such as Xlerate and Nitro
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Power point, and Word
Category Analyst, August 2005 – Present
Mattel, Inc., Seattle, WA
- Provided category insights and analytics using RetailLink, IRI and ACNielsen syndicated data.
- Responsible for data extraction, cleaning and analyzing from a wide variety of data systems.
- Identified and communicated the insights and opportunities to the category team.
- Maintained internal databases and data warehouse on a regular basis.
- Provided shelf-schematic expertise by creating and maintaining modulars (POGs).
- Efficiently developed financial, sales and costing analysis and reports.
- Maintained and developed customer’s ad-hoc, weekly, and monthly reports.
Category Analyst, May 2000 – July 2005
Wal-Mart, Seattle, WA
- Generated reports with syndicated and hh panel data sources.
- Manned for reporting updates, both weekly and monthly.
- Worked effectively with Category Development Managers and defined data standards.
- Created templates and executive summaries and analyzed market trends.
- Identified opportunity gaps in pricing, promotion, shelf space and product distribution.
- Consistently provided backup to HQ Category Development Manager.
- Provided support to team by responding to ad-hoc data requests and basic technical support and analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, University of California, Berkeley, CA