North Highlands CA 95660
Looking for employment in a Chamber Of Commerce Director position that will help further my career while bringing my experience and education to the organization as well.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in management , businesses ownership and fund raising
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and record keeping
- Good understanding of the policy process and range of issues relating to U.S. trade and investment
- Sound knowledge of finance, budgeting, and standard practices in the non-profit sector
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel and MS Access
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills
- Ability to write and edit correspondences and reports accurately
Chamber Of Commerce Director, August 2005 – Present
U. S. Chamber of Commerce, New York, NY
- Promoted businesses to increase membership, and participated at Chamber association events.
- Assisted Board in the development of program and events to attract new members consistent with established Chamber policy.
- Established personal rapport with potential members through regular call and visits.
- Conducted needs assessment of non-members and recommended solutions within the scope of the Chamber.
- Identified membership base and maintained accurate records.
- Completed billing according to established schedule.
Chamber Of Commerce Director, May 2000 – July 2005
El Centro Chamber of Commerce, New York, NY
- Maintained statistical and accounting records and prepared annual budget.
- Assisted Board of Directors in setting short and long term goals for the Chamber.
- Conducted studies and researched for The Board.
- Planned, recommended and implemented programs to promote growth of the Chamber of Commerce, reviewed existing programs for value.
- Developed annual budget and presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Completed records to provide tax accountant with information to file tax return.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Webster University, Albuquerque, NM