North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain a Chef Assistant position in a growth-oriented company where I can utilize my administrative skills and acquire new abilities.
Summary of Skills:
- Certified Chef Assistant with strong experience in fine dining, banquet production kitchen in a hotel environment
- Extensive Culinary knowledge in multiple cuisines
- Ability to access all areas of the kitchen
- Amazing ability to do all types of physical tasks as needed
- Strong Ability to stretch, bend, kneel, lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal service skills and organizational skills to plan time effectively
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Uncommon ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Chef Assistant, August 2005 to till date
Cruise West, Wilmington, DE
- Prepared menu items in a timely manner.
- Followed food handling procedures as per CDC and FDA guiding principles.
- Assisted in washing of dishes, silverware and glassware.
- Interviewed with guests in a friendly and courteous manner at all times.
- Assessed guests to stateroom at start of cruise and assisted in the handling of luggage.
- Answered guestsâ€™ questions regarding menu and recipes.
- Performed all other assigned duties as directed by Chef and Hotel Manager.
Chef Assistant, May 2000 to July 2005
Four Seasons Hotel, Wilmington, DE
- Assisted the Head Chef and Deputy Head Chef.
- Prepared all garnishes to accompany the main meal and sweet courses.
- Assessed in preparing the sweet courses.
- Assisted in the preparation of picnic lunches.
- Maintained standards in food preparation and kitchen hygiene.
- Reported back and acted as a substitute during the absence of any staff member.
Associate Degree in Hotel Management , Jackson Community College, Jackson, MI