North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain a Chief Accountant position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant with experience in financial control, accounting and taxation
- Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with persons contacted in the work
- Strong Knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of general accounting and auditing
- Profound Knowledge of state and local codes, rules, and regulations
- Knowledge of the development of systems forms for various types of accounting records and reports
- In depth Knowledge of principles, methods, and techniques of public administration and personnel management
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Word, Microsoft Access, and data manipulation
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
Chief Accountant, August 2005 – Present
MedCath Corporation, Elkhorn, NE
- Liaised with members of the council, external service providers, including external auditors and Government departments, as well as suppliers and contractors.
- Managed the function to provide efficient and effective support to front line and other support services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Encouraged to work as part of the wider team to contribute to the achievements of the Council’s corporate objectives and priorities.
- Advised the council on professional financial and accounting matters.
- Assisted the Financial Services Manager where necessary.
- Succeeded in leading a team of accountants, providing management, training and development.
Chief Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Lapolla Industries, Inc., Elkhorn, NE
- Managed and supervised directly and through subordinates, professional, and clerical personnel in administering the Property Tax Division.
- Implemented business processes adhering to laws, codes, and regulations based on analysis.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of departmental operations and administrative policies.
- Prepared or supervised the preparation of a variety of complex and special reports.
- Consulted with and advised staff regarding modifications to existing accounting practices.
- Reviewed and studied changes in legal and procedural requirements for county and district fiscal records.
- Revised and maintained forms and systems for financial transactions, record keeping, and budgeting controls.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN