North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking a position as Chief Cook in a reputed organization where I can utilize my knowledge and experience.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of menu planning, kitchen staff supervision, food production and inventory management
- Deep knowledge of cooking practices, food storage methods and food preservation techniques
- Commendable knowledge of food nutritional values, health standards and kitchen sanitary practices
- Familiarity with providing customer service and using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to complete inventory requisition forms accurately
- Ability to handle and resolve clients’ complaints in a friendly and effective manner
Kalkaska Memorial Health Center, Goodwin, SD
August 2012 – Present
- Planned menus and assisted with preparation of menu food items.
- Oversaw and ensured timely serving and delivery of food to patrons.
- Determined, scheduled and delegated kitchen work to assigned staff.
- Trained, directed and managed all assigned kitchen workers.
- Ordered and maintainedkitchen-related inventory and controlled food cost.
- Checkedkitchen equipments and examined kitchen area for cleanliness.
Sodexo Corpotation, Goodwin, SD
May 2009 – July 2012
- Directed and coordinated all kitchen operations and staff activities.
- Planned menu recipes and determined estimation time for food preparation.
- Oversaw and assisted with cooking and serving of meals to patrons.
- Made changes to recipes and controlled food portions to prevent spoilage and waste.
- Prepared and maintained timely records of food costs, inventory and raw material usage.
- Cleaned and sanitized knives, utensils, and related kitchen supplies.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management
Mendocino College, Ukiah, CA