North Highlands CA 95660
To secure a position as Child Development Specialist with a reputable company where my skills can grow and help strengthen the company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in providing direct supervision and care for a group of children
- In-depth knowledge of typical and atypical child development
- Skilled in working with children with special needs and very young children
- Sound ability to make the children feel welcome and comfortable
- Exceptional ability in planning and implementing of scheduled activities
- Great oral and written English language skills
- Fluent in English, Spanish and French
- Excellent communication and intrapersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills
Child Development Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Family Health Center, Olin, IA
- Participated in the development and implementation of the curriculum.
- Administered treatment plans and daily lesson plans.
- Managed to keep track of completion of gain documentation for all children.
- Facilitated and monitored activities in the classroom and other play-areas.
- Identified need for referral and explained the needs to the parents.
- Assisted children in developing age-appropriate self-help skills.
Child Development Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
R’Club Child Care, Inc., Olin, IA
- Assisted in food preparation and distribution.
- Prepared and implemented the agency curriculum and program of activities.
- Established and maintained control and safety of the assigned group of children.
- Ensured the orderliness and cleanliness of designated work areas.
- Maintained a positive and professional attitude with children, parents and staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Rockford College, Rockford, IL