North Highlands CA 95660
Looking for work within the company in the position of Child Life Specialist. Experienced with behind the scenes managerial duties as well as hands-on work in the industry.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience as a Child Life Specialist in a health care environment
- Skilled in planning and implementing comprehensive Child Life programs
- Extensive knowledge of the concepts and practices of end of life care with children and families
- In-depth knowledge of family dynamics and therapeutics play for children
- Good understanding of basic issues of child development and behavior
- Exceptional ability to interact effectively with children and families
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Child Life Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Children’s Medical Center, Scott, LA
- Maintained a safe environment in the playroom and monitored general health needs.
- Provided appropriate toys and activities for a wide development range of children.
- Supervised volunteers assisting in the playroom.
- Coordinated with the Child Life Specialist and provided specific needs input.
- Guided the community groups visiting the playrooms.
- Determined the needs of individual children.
Child Life Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Kaiser Permanente, Scott, LA
- Provided appropriate play activities.
- Identified and developed patient needs & care plan goals.
- Participated in multi-disciplinary care conferences.
- Ensured that each child’s program is consistent with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinated with the Child Life Program volunteers.
- Trained & supervised volunteers & students providing voluntary support.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Development, Monroe College, Bronx, NY