North Highlands CA 95660
Ingenious and dynamic Cisco Nexus Engineer with vast experience in Cisco FWSM, Cisco VoIP, Cisco Wireless LAN and Cisco Nexus willing to exhaust my knowledge to achieve the company’s targets
Conceptual knowledge of Cisco hardware components:
- Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Cisco Wireless Access Points
- Cisco ASA Firewall
Thorough understanding of layer 2 components:
- Spanning Tree
Dexterity in layer 3 components:
- MPLS VLAN
Quick and excellent in firewalls:
- IPSEC VPN
Well versed with computer equipment vendors:
Adept in computer peripherals:
- Intel Processors
Familiarity with Netware components:
- System Manager
- Advanced System Manager
Technical abilities to:
- Implement data communications and conduct network training sessions
- Understand service management methods and monitor network devices
Cisco Nexus Engineer
DynCorp International LLC
January 2012 – Present
- Created network system models and documented network architecture diagrams.
- Assisted in project meetings and formulated change control procedures.
- Suggested and executed enhancements for enterprise networks.
- Evaluated network infrastructure systems and maintained potential security.
- Utilized VLAN and SNMP technologies for maintenance of network speed.
- Prepared system architecture plans and test plans.
- Documented operational guides and supported network solutions.
- Developed and configured networking resources including LAN switches.
Cisco Nexus Engineer
SpecPro Technical Services, LLC
November 2010 – January 2012
- Utilized alarm and ticket systems for managing interoperability.
- Prepared customized scripts and supported client notifications.
- Administered business partner escalations and managed trunk capacity.
- Installed and configured switches and routers as per customer needs.
- Conducted real time analysis and troubleshooting of network technology platforms.
- Implemented WAN troubleshooting and resolved intermittent circuit issues.
- Supported data centers with application flows and managed services.
- Assisted in supporting latest technologies including wireless networks and load balancers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
North Dakota State University
August 2006 – May 2010