North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking work as a Claims Specialist so I can use my skills and past experiences to better the company. Bringing specialized knowledge to the table to also improve your company with my skills.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in claim adjusting, claims management and claims program management
- Sound knowledge of insurance coverages, contracts, claims handling guidelines, legal and medical terminology
- Skilled in reviewing and interpreting account histories and statements
- Thorough knowledge of multiple claim process guidelines
- Proficient with Microsoft XP, Excel, MS Access and Word
- Ability to analyze medical records and legal documentation
- Remarkable ability to analyze problems and identify alternative solutions
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, customer service, leadership, decision making and communication skills
Claims Specialist, May 2006 – Present
CoreLogic, Rochelle Park, NJ
- Ensured compliance with company and customer standards.
- Reviewed and determined reimbursement amounts to client.
- Ensured accuracy and completeness in validating claims.
- Utilized claims tools to analyze and make accurate assessments.
- Recognized and acted on opportunities to mitigate damages following a loss.
Claims Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Shawmut Design and Construction, Rochelle Park, NJ
- Coordinated information and documents to bring claims to closure.
- Ensured flow of information to appropriate channels.
- Monitored all opened claims and lawsuits to quickly provide necessary information.
- Facilitated settlement discussions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Saint Paul College, Saint Paul, MN