North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain a CNC Programmer position in an organization where I can use my skills to benefit and enrich my knowledge.
CNC Programmer, August 2005 – Present
Aerotek, Belmont, VT
- Developed and debugged new CNC Programs, revised and enhanced existing CNC Programs for all types of CNC machines.
- Configured and maintained company wide DNC System.
- Prepared CNC programs and automation of redundant and complex operations using CAM software.
- Participated in the training of new CNC machine operators.
CNC Programmer, May 2000 – July 2005
Shaw Group, Belmont, VT
- Analyzed operational data submitted by Engineers to prepare programs in MasterCAM for CNC Mills.
- Developed new projects on manufacturing floor and recommended corrections and improvements for accuracy of programs and reduced costs.
- Assisted in the design and development of production fixtures.
- Documented and established standards; modified, adjusted and corrected existing standards to incorporate engineering changes.
- Worked in conjunction with Engineering and Sales to provide accurate programming estimates and production machine cycle time estimates.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience in programming and operating CNC machines
- Extensive knowledge of machining and manufacturing operations and processes
- In-depth knowledge of tooling and fixtures needed in a close tolerance manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with AutoCAD 2006, Solid-works, Pro-E, Microsoft Excel and Word software
- Outstanding ability to understand and program a wide variety of CNC controls and machine tools
- Ability to analyze, interpret complex drawings and documents for machined parts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers (internal and external)
Associate Degree in Computer Science, Plymouth State University, New Hampshire, NH