North Highlands CA 95660
To join a highly technical team of professionals as a COBOL IDMS Programmer to share my knowledge in COBOL, SQL, MS Office, DB2 and .Net.
Vast knowledge of programming languages:
- COBOL, JCL
- CICS, SAS
Thorough with database administration:
Quick and brilliant with software tools:
Efficient and effective with other tools:
- IDCAMS, Expeditor
Operating system expertise:
- Mainframes (Z/OS/MVS)
- MS DOS
- Win 9x/ NT
Immensely talented in using tools like:
- Excel, Word
- MS Visio
- TSQ, MQ
Crystal clear with computer system activities:
- File organization
- IDMS database design
Strong abilities to:
- Develop program specifications and manage system development for large scale projects
- Create system and program flowcharts
Cobol IDMS Programmer
January 2012 – Present
Corpus Christi, TX
- Suggested modifications to COBOL programs as per technical specifications.
- Installed, debugged and tested coding modifications.
- Provided technical support services for user acceptance and system testing tasks.
- Formulated functional requirements as per change requests.
- Prepared project plans, work estimates and cost schedules for assigned projects.
- Created design data sets for database modifications according to SDLC processes.
- Developed and documented system designs and program flowcharts.
- Designed programming specifications and supported system enhancement activities.
Cobol IDMS Programmer
Object Computing Inc.
November 2010 – January 2012
Maryland Heights, MO
- Participated in client discussions and documented service requests.
- Developed information system solutions for resolution of business problems.
- Designed, developed and implemented assigned computer applications.
- Evaluated projects and generated project status reports.
- Suggested processes for application designing, development and improvements.
- Provided support for gathering and analysis of interface requirements.
- Maintained detailed technical documentation of interface designs.
- Analyzed and debugged current mainframe systems and interface applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Northeastern Illinois University
August 2006 – May 2010