North Highlands CA 95660
College Academic Advisor seeking opportunity to put training and experience to work for growing organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience working in a service-oriented environment and university setting
- In-depth knowledge of the college academic majors and requirements
- Wide knowledge of academic program development, and corresponding program management and administrative functions
- Familiar with the various support services at the college
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with student and co-worker effectively
- Ability to work with admissions and registration personnel
College Academic Advisor, August 2005 – Present
Boston University, Norristown, PA
- Presented academic counseling and planning services to a diverse student population.
- Clarified values and goals for students and explained educational options and admission procedures.
- Offered the academic and personal support to guide students through the course selection process.
- Analyzed and evaluated the students educational progress by performing academic progress audits.
- Developed and maintained the student files, databases and records, prepared activity reports and analysis.
- Provided advise on specific programs and to specific student groups.
College Academic Advisor, May 2000 – July 2005
Excelsior College, Norristown, PA
- Provided advice to the students about degree requirements, course selection and academic policies.
- Maintained student records and monitored academic progress and performance of advisees.
- Planned, developed and implemented the advising, outreach and retention initiatives.
- Participated in all orientation, advising and registration periods.
Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling, Frank Phillips College, Borger, TX
Master’s Degree in Counselling, Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu, HI