North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain the position of a Commodity Buyer in which I can enhance my skills and become a valued member of your team.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Excellent experience in purchasing commodity for automotive industry
- Sound knowledge of electronics and commodities
- Profound knowledge of material management
- Ability to prepare appropriate accounting reports
- Ability to administer everyday activities for commodity buying
- Proficient in E-Business Suite, Value Chain Planning software, ERP systems, MRP functionality, and Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with Corporate and unit purchasing practices and procedures
Wurth Adams Nut & Bolt Co, Kingsport, TN
August 2012 – Present
- Developed comprehensive commodity strategies and reduced inventory costs.
- Reviewed supply chain and prepared cost structure for suppliers.
- Designed and monitored business agreements for buying process.
- Administered commodity buying activities and resolved various issues.
- Maintained subject matter expertise for products and components.
- Coordinated with operations manager and analysed impact of strategies on manufacturing process.
Vicor Corporation, Kingsport, TN
May 2009 – July 2012
- Monitored obsolete and excess items present in the inventory.
- Administered purchasing of productionmaterials as per regulations.
- Ensured optimal levelof customer satisfaction for various strategies.
- Analysed defective goods and identified root cause for defect.
- Reviewed supplier deliveries and ensured optimal level of quality.
- Coordinated with customers and ensured compliance to resale requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Management
Coastal Bend College, Beeville, TX