North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain a Contract Accountant position with a reputable organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In-depth Knowledge of accounting processes and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Exceptional ability to prepare financial and auditor statements, schedules and reports
- Excellent skills in analyzing and evaluating complex data and information
- Remarkable ability to review and verify accuracy of data
- Strong experience with PeopleSoft, General Ledger System applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
Contract Accountant, August 2005 – Present
The Winter, Wyman Companies, Dallas, GA
- Prepared and followed collection complex billing documentation in accordance with contractual terms with invoice creation via SAP.
- Reconciled billing plans to appropriate ledgers and cumulative contractual information adhering to applicable contractual escalation formulas.
- Utilized SAP to prepare and process accounting reconciliations.
- Provided information to explain period to period actual variance analysis.
- Prepared and posted non-standard project journal entries.
- Assisted in scheduling to maintain annual audit and special audit requirements and financial information.
- Applied policies and procedures, cash flow forecasting and facilitated research of basic technical accounting financial questions.
- Assisted in general ledger closings and processing.
Contract Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
CHS Corporate, Dallas, GA
- Created new accounts and monitored and analyzed spending rate distributions and other changes in net assets.
- Maintained accounts according to donor wishes regarding temporary and permanent restrictions and provided accurate and timely reports.
- Ensured monthly and quarterly annuity payments accurately, and managed to make actuarial adjustments at year-end.
- Recorded all stock gifts journal entries, gain and loss on sale of stock gifts, and maintained records accordingly.
- Administered accurate, complete, and timely financial budgeting, reporting, account reconciliation and analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL