North Highlands CA 95660
To gain Cook Supervisor position in which to utilize my skills in such a way as to become a valued member and long-term employee within the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience working in a restaurant, food services, and catering operation
- Sound knowledge of modern principles and practices of large-scale kitchen management
- Outstanding knowledge food value and nutrition and hazards of general cooking work
- Good understanding of the facility’s recipes, policies, and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of basic standards and methods of supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Remarkable ability to examine safety precautions
- Amazing ability to identify type, cuts and grades of meat
Cook Supervisor, August 2005 to till date
Brookdale Senior Living Inc, Los Angeles, CA
- Safeguarded all food, supplies and equipment from damage and theft.
- Supervised preparation and cooking of food for meal time schedules.
- Inspected food for freshness and spoilage and ensure proper maintenance of leftover food at prescribed temperatures.
- Assisted in the planning of menus and the utilization of leftover foodstuffs.
- Supervised and prepared a major part of a meal; cooks vegetables, meats; bakes pastries and bread; and made salads and desserts.
- Planned, supervised, and directed the work of cooks and helpers.
Cook Supervisor, June 2002 to July 2005
Brightview Senior Living, LLC, Los Angeles, CA
- Prepared production and service documents for each meal.
- Ensured recipes are extended to the facility population requirements.
- Maintained and updated inventory before each meal.
- Conducted orientation and training program for inmate workers.
- Adhered to the sanitation and safety program.
- Assisted the manager in maintaining a high level of good client relations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts, Citrus College, Glendora, CA