North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking a Cost Analyst position in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used and enhanced to the fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Wide experience with cost and financial analysis
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting processes, procedures and rules
- Thorough knowledge of cost proposal preparation
- Proficient with profit and loss worksheets, cube based programs and Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good understanding of cost and estimating techniques
- Ability to create and manage database queries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Profound ability to establish priorities and delegate appropriately
Jacobs, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
August 2005 – Present
- Partnered with Product Management in the preparation, pricing and execution of all new product rollouts and line extensions.
- Prepared labor pricing and profitability models.
- Conducted various labor rate and benefit analysis.
- Presented logic and expertise on pricing strategies.
- Developed labor rate forecasts and research for new markets.
- Conducted analysis and prepared executive-level reports of findings.
- Performed ad hoc reporting and analytical review as directed.
Bachelor’s Degrees in Finance
Lake Superior College, Duluth, MN
1234 Main Court
Seeking the position as a cost analyst in a well reputed organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Wide knowledge of cost and financial accounting principles and practices.
- Proven ability to initiate and accomplish tasks independently and consistently
- Ability to work well with management staff and personnel at all levels.
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of Stress Management, Project Management and Information Management
- Office Package: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook Express
- Operating Systems: Windows9X, Windows2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, Unix, MS DOS
Cost Analyst, from 2006 to till date
Ability Investment, Inc, CA
- Prepared and reviewed cost reports and cost allocation plan.
- Measured cost per unit of service to determine whether fees are being set at appropriate levels.
- Designed cost accounting and reporting systems.
- Analyzed and queried databases of contract information and billing rate information.
- Audited and analyzed multi-million dollar telecommunication invoices against the contracts and regulated tariffs that provide for these services.
Cost Analyst Intern, from 2005 to 2006
Allianz Funds, CA
- Prepared monthly and quarterly cost reports.
- Worked as communicator for customer.
- Reconciled monthly expenses to general ledger entries.
- Published Executive and Board statements and facilitated weekly forecasting.
University of California-Berkeley, March 2005
BS Business Administration