North Highlands CA 95660
Qualified Cost Estimator searching for an opportunity to acquire thispositionwith company that can benefit from my expertise and years of training.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experiencewith cost estimating procedures and methodologies
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and Purchasing techniques and principals
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability tointerpret specifications and part prints including GD&T
- Ability toperform under pressure and evaluate situation and make accurate decision immediately
Cost Estimator, August 2005 – Present
Aerotek Professional Services, Madison, TN
- Estimated labor and material costs for assigned projects.
- Analyzed specifications, blueprints and bills of material and sample layouts.
- Calculated production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Gathered cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Calculated cost estimates of raw materials and subcontracted work and labor.
- Prepared and maintained historical cost data.
Cost Estimator, May 2000 – July 2005
Infotree Service, Madison, TN
- Coordinated with engineers, manufacturing, vendors and subcontractors to compile a consolidated priced bill of materials.
- Estimated both labor hours and material costs for manufacturing.
- Ensured compliance to laws and regulations that relate to company costs.
- Calculated cost factors to assist with planning, preparing bids and selecting vendors and to reduce costs.
- Produced cost models for cost estimating elements.
- Advised management on issues related to cost, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Saint Joseph’s College, Rensselaer, IN