North Highlands CA 95660
High School Diploma, 2014
Grade Average: B
Class President, 2013-2014
- Computer Science
Indiana Department of Health Medical Radiology Services
Limited Dental Radiographic License obtained November 2014
- Friendly and welcoming disposition
- Ability to multitask in both clinical and clerical settings
- Outstanding communications skills with patients and insurance companies
- Can carry out complex tasks with limited supervision
- Microsoft Office program suite
- Strong mathematical and English skills
- Fluent Spanish
- Knowledge of all dental instruments and technologies
Robert Walker, DDS 09/2014 to 11/2014
Eight-week clerkship shadowing an experienced dental assistant.
Mid-Level Professional Resume
As a mid-level dental assistant, you should be able to list two different jobs as well as your technical expertise and your competencies. Below is a dental assistant resume sample written by Jonathan Englert, a candidate who has been working in the field for about four years. He starts off by listing the qualities that are most important to his potential employer and then describes his successes in his work experience.
- Understanding of MS Word and Excel
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Can anticipate the needs of the dentist and the patient while chairside
- Friendly and welcoming personality to make patients feel more secure
- Earned Employee of the Month in December 2014
- Assisted in training two new staff members in 2014
- Assisted in the implementation of a new recordkeeping system for previous employer in 2012
Jennifer Butler, DDS â€“ Phoenix, AZ
Dental Assistant, 8/2012-Present
- Serve as primary point of office contact for patients, vendors and others.
- Sit chairside for numerous procedures and work directly with patients to comfort them.
- Maintain records and keep personal information confidential at all times.
- Assisted with changes in insurance provider acceptance in 2011.
- Performed mainly clerical skills but sat chairside for the purpose of learning about instruments and procedures.
- Greeted patients as they entered the office and assisted them with insurance claims and billing.
- Answered telephones, entered data into computer systems, and filed paperwork as needed.
- Assisted in the cleaning of the dental office, including the sterilization of tools.
- Successfully implemented a more efficient filing system for patient records in April 2012.
Experienced Professional Resume
As an experienced professional in the field, you will need to provide seven to ten years of experience on your dental assistant resume. Here, it is important to provide any additional training you have received, whether this is a dental assisting certificate renewal, workshops you have attended, or even clerkships in which you participated. In the dental assistant sample resume below, Michelle Faust has eight years of experience with the same practice. Despite this, her core competencies, such as time management skills and chairside manner, still remain an important focus.
Portland, OR 97201
Email: [email protected]
High-Energy Candidate Looking to Succeed
- Computer knowledge
- Time management
- Business phone etiquette
- Operation of x-ray machines
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Outstanding chairside manner
- Attention to detail
- Record organization
- Microsoft Office suite
- Cleaning/sterilization procedures
Rogers and Rogers, DDS â€“ Portland, OR
- Successfully maintained and improved upon the clerical aspect of the practice over the course of employment.
- Was honored as Employee of the Year in 2011.
- Trained entry-level dental assistants in practice-specific procedures.
- Attended the Portland Dental Workshop annually each year with other dental assistants from the practice.
- Successfully completed expanded function certificates in orthodontics and restorative care during employment with Dr. Chestnut.
Robinson Dentistry â€“ Portland, OR
- Assisted in developing a cleaning routine for the office so that everyone did his or her part.
- Worked to help redesign procedures for greeting patients and making them feel more welcomed.
- Was commended for my ability to build rapport with patients.
- Letter of Recommendation from Dr. Robinson available on request.
Westminster High School â€“ Portland, OR
Certificate of Radiological Proficiency from State of Oregon and DANB
Expanded Function Dental Assistant with Restorative Functions Certificate (EFDA)
Expanded Function Orthodontic Dental Assistant Certificate (EFODA)
High School Diploma
St. Walters Academy â€“ Goddard, WI