North Highlands CA 95660
Extremely motivated Discharge Nurse looking for an opportunity to help the advancement of the physicians and to offer contributions to the medical practice.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in utilization management, discharge planning and home health
- Proficient in the use of clinical and related systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective teaching and negotiating skills
- Amazing ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team
Discharge Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Valley Medical Cente, Owatonna, MN
- Assessed care needs and developed short-term case management care plans goals.
- Completed member outreach, engagement, and management activities per program workflow and protocols.
- Determined goals, objectives, and interventions adhering to evidence-based medicine guidelines.
- Identified and carried out the relevant interventions that facilitated the accomplishment of goals established in the care plan.
- Evaluated and modified care plans to achieve patient goals and improve outcomes.
- Documented all relevant data including assessments (initial and on-going), care plan and program referrals.
Discharge Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
Winthrop-University Hospital -, Owatonna, MN
- Interpreted discharge instructions to the patients and their families.
- Monitored providers, nurses and other members of the organization.
- Assisted in quality assessment, efficient managed care and patient satisfaction.
- Provided guidance to members related to their health care needs.
- Coordinated care immediately followed hospital discharge and ensured a smooth transition to the home setting and prevented readmission to the hospital.
Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Air University, Maxwell AFB, AL