North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking an opportunity by filling an Equal Opportunity officer position to help the right organization boost productivity and benefits.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in implementing an equal access and equal opportunity in employment program
- In-depth knowledge of Federal equal opportunity laws, regulations, and policy
- Skilled in developing affirmative action and equal opportunity issues
- In-depth knowledge of laws, statutes and procedures governing equal employment opportunity
- Proficiency in using MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate information regarding EEO and diversity program issues
- Ability to deal with sensitive and stressful situations
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess a motor vehicle operators license
Equal Opportunity Officer, August 2005 – Present
Maryland Transit Adminsistration, Saint Louis, MO
- Implemented equal employment and equal access programs.
- Ensured compliance to the standards set forth in the Governors Code of Fair Practice.
- Monitored adherence with equal opportunity laws, regulations, codes and policies, investigated and mediated complaints of discrimination.
- Recommended corrective actions and reasonable accommodations.
- Participated in programs designed to secure full participation of minority groups and individuals in activities of the department.
Equal Opportunity Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
University of Virginia, Saint Louis, MO
- Reviewed and analyzed equal opportunity and affirmative action compliance requirements.
- Evaluated, proposed and revised University equal opportunity, discrimination, harassment, retaliation policies.
- Investigated complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and prepared formal, written findings to conclude investigation.
- Regularly conducted affirmative action audit reviews to evaluate the programs compliance.
- Developed institutional reports evaluating University compliance with civil rights laws and other reports.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA