North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain an Evidence Technician position where I can contribute the best of my skills and efforts for the growth of the organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Outstanding ability in handling, storing, wrapping, packaging, and shipping
- Ability to develop and maintain logical inventory and filing policies and procedures
- Ability to apply interpret laws to specific situations and to prepare clear and concise reports
- Ability to present court testimony effectively
- Skilled in Automated Case Support Systems
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good communication and writing skills
Evidence Technician, August 2005 to till date
Clearwire, Hanover, MD
- Provided advanced expertise in evidence matters and authoritative assistance.
- Provided extensive advice and guidance for the Special Agents and support staff on all aspects of evidence processing and procedures.
- Assisted deputies in the collection of evidence and transporting of oversized items.
- Retrieved releases and secured the return of evidence to and from the Evidence Control Room or other approved storage locations.
- Automated history of evidence using the Automated Case Support System.
- Ensured accuracy and propriety of all material seized to facilitate tracking and location of evidence for investigative and court purposes.
- Identified and separated items for auction or transfer.
- Maintained a clean environment in the secured vault for storage of evidence.
Evidence Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
Timken Inc, Hanover, MD
- Received and maintained custody of evidence.
- Submitted evidence for Sheriff’s Office laboratory analysis.
- Transported evidence to Colorado Bureau of Investigation for lab analysis and arranged.
- Transported evidence to private laboratories for analysis.
- Responded to inquires from Sheriff’s Office personnel or the general public regarding property and evidence.
- Instructed and assisted deputies in the packaging and submission of evidence for presentation in court.
- Attended court and presented evidence and testimony regarding chain of custody.
Associate Degree in Criminal Justice, Kaplan University, Davenport, IA