North Highlands CA 95660
To secure a Family and Consumer Science Teacher position to help contribute to the growth of the school and help increase its potential.
Family and Consumer Science Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Wake County Public Schools, Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Worked collaboratively with all stake holders in providing a world-class education
- Assessed student achievement and maintained appropriate assessment
- Planned and implemented instructional and/or learning strategies and activities.
- Coordinated instructional activities with other professional staff, both school and nonschool-based, as required, maximizing learning opportunities.
- Participated in in-service and staff development activities and staff meetings.
- Ensured the environment is conducive to the learning process.
Family and Consumer Science Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Rutland Town School, Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Planned and prepared lessons, assignments, and instructional materials.
- Established clear goals and objectives related to the School Improvement Plan.
- Managed to establish learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of human growth and development.
- Ensured to select and utilize appropriate instructional strategies and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
- Administered and corrected evaluations and assessments, recording results.
- Maintained order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Proficient with teaching techniques; current trends, research and instruction
- Thorough knowledge of adolescent growth and development
- Sound knowledge of current research and theory to instructional programs
- Amazing ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives
- Outstanding ability to infuse technology into curriculum
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills
- Strong organizational, interactional and instructional skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Family and Consumer Science, Humphreys College, Stockton, CA
43536 Harbor St
Guntersville, AL 35976
Obtain a challenging teaching position as a Family and Consumer Science Teacher utilizing creativity and a genuine desire to educate.
Areas of Expertise:
- Great ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Strong flexibility, organizational, decision making and problem solving skills.
- In depth ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
- Solid experience working with human services agencies.
- Extensive teaching experience.
- Excellent knowledge in life planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication.
Family and Consumer Science Teacher, 2007 – Present
School of Science and Engineering Magnet, Dallas, TX
- Prepared and delivered informative presentations and programs on topics pertaining to family and consumer science.
- Encouraged students to develop and improve skills.
- Developed lesson plans and delivered group and individual student instruction.
- Instructed consumer science, nutrition, parenting, family economics and resource management to students.
- Developed student success in academics and electives.
M.A in Family and Consumer Science, 2007
B.A in Family and Consumer Science, 2005