North Highlands CA 95660
To use my skills and abilities to obtain a position within an organization as a Fire Protection Specialist in my chosen field. Years of education and experience can help better the company as well.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in a fire, safety and occupational health
- Sound knowledge of electronic fire alarm and detection systems
- Outstanding knowledge of liability issues concerning life safety and fire protection systems
- Familiarity with fire and building codes
- Good understanding of Electrical, Instrumentation, Process, Structural, and Mechanical engineering
- Proficient in MS Office suite, hydraulic, fire and explosion modeling software
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Remarkable ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry
Fire Protection Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Alliant Insurance Services (AIS), Duluth, MN
- Evaluated designs of fire protection systems for a variety of industrial facilities.
- Drafted technical specifications for fire and life safety and related equipment and systems.
- Performed fire and building code inspections of existing and new buildings.
- Developed fire protection specifications and defined project scope for new construction and renovations.
- Performed fire hazard surveys of buildings, operations and processes.
- Managed fire protection-related projects by reviewing, writing and approving specifications.
Fire Protection Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Climatec, Duluth, MN
- Provided service and support for the inspection, testing and maintenance of water based fire protection systems.
- Evaluated new fire detection and suppression materials, and equipment.
- Provided technical support to building construction and facility management personnel.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Protection Technology & Engineering, Ozarka College, Melbourne, AR