North Highlands CA 95660
A skillful Flight Test Engineer generally has overall responsibility for the planning of a specific flight test phase; prepares test plans in conjunction with other systems engineers; oversees the buildup of the aircraft to the proper configuration, works with Test Instrumentation Agency to ensure the sensors and recording systems are installed for required data parameters, and prepares the maneuver-by-maneuver plan for each test flight; responsible for the overall analysis of the data acquired during a test flight; coordinates with specific systems engineers to prepare the final Flight Test Report, documenting the results of a specific flight test phase
Senior Flight Test Engineer January 2007 – Present
Northrop Grumman Corporation, Chicago, IL
- Created complex aeronautical systems designs for new equipment and conceptualized hardware components and systems.
- Directed the preparation of plans and drawings using design computer software.
- Developed qualification test procedures and performed qualification testing.
- Implemented testing and integration experiments for functionality and limits.
Senior Test EngineerMay 2004 – December 2006
Avionics Programs Engineering-XA0, Chicago, IL
- Created the design and testing of automated test equipment used for performance evaluations of electrical and hydraulic products.
- Conducted test to equipment in order to identify trouble issues relating to electronic and hydraulic test equipment delay.
- Interacted with internal and external customers to define project requirements and provide required status.
- Worked as key personnel in the project team to define the requirements for new demo equipment.
- Designed and implemented operational and software revisions to existing models.
- Prepared author documentation for developed test equipment: system configuration drawings and manual.
Test Resource Support EngineerFebruary 1999 – May 2004
Edwards Air Force Base, Albany, NY
- Developed a test resource architecture that supports the objectives of the flight test.
- Ensured all technical resource support requirements are completely documented in the in-house system.
- Secured budget estimates for flight test support and worked with managers to obtain the necessary funding.
- Worked with various testing groups to do the needed flight test for experiment and validation.
- Documented and monitored the configuration of test resources architecture and submitted changes to the test working group.
Masters Degree in Flight Test Engineering, University of Iowa, 1999
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Rockefeller University, 1994
- Strong skills in computer assisted design (CAD) software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for the design and testing of prototype
- Strong organization and time management skills to maintain project deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with team members, vendors and contractors
- Strong communication skills to interact with internal and external personnel
- Ability to use common power and hand tools and electrical and tolerance measuring devices.
Awards and Affiliations:
Society of Flight Test Engineers, Member
Flight Test Safety Committee, Member