North Highlands CA 95660
Searching for a challenging career as Freelance Copy Editor of well-established firm in which to put my skills to the test.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in writing and editing online newsletters and websites
- In-depth knowledge of proofreading marks
- Wide knowledge of Associated Press style
- Profound knowledge of basic copyright principles and trademarks
- Ability to work at all time from any location
- Proficiency in editing and proof reading copies
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Strong writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Work Experience
- Freelance Copy Editor, July 2007 – Present
- Demand Studios, Columbus, OH
- Coordinated with art team and developed advertising materials and updated present materials.
- Assisted art department with help of Acrobat standard and word.
- Monitored all copies and changed base copies according to required guidelines.
- Evaluated and proof read all copies prepared by art department.
- Collaborated with marketing team and received all necessary approvals.
- Ensured completion of work according to schedule.
- Verified version copy and ensured its compliance to regulatory team.
- Freelance Copy Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Entertainment Industry Employer, Columbus, OH
- Edited and proof read all projects developed by in house agency.
- Managed all copies ensured usage of proper grammar and accuracy for legal departments.
- Monitored final versions of all full page prints, billboard ads, corporate ads and educational brochures.
- Coordinated with creative director and provided regular updates of assigned projects.
- Reviewed legal and grammatical guidelines and updated department guides.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Rio Hondo College, Whittier, CA