North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain a Grant Accountant position that fully utilizes my experience and abilities.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In Depth knowledge of financial operations, law terminology, state regulations and operating policies
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare financial reports
- Ability to monitor expenditures and maintain data
- Remarkable ability to interpret government contract language
- Superior computer, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Electronic Grant Submission, Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Microsoft Access
- Ability to work independently, under supervision, and as part of a team
- Trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity
Grant Accountant, August 2005 – Present
Goodwill Industries of Central Virginia, Inc, Elkhorn, NE
- Administered grant functions, analyzed budget and expense, and prepared financial reports.
- Performed grant closeout functions as required by the Grants and Contracts Administration.
- Reviewed general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy and completed journal entries.
- Assisted with time and effort reporting system.
- Maintained regular communications with the department.
- Resolved usual issues in coordination fiscal contacts.
Grant Accountant, May 2000 – July 2005
Mergis Group, Elkhorn, NE
- Administered sponsored grant funds adhering to government regulations, sponsored requirements, and policies.
- Notified faculty of upcoming grant and progress report deadlines.
- Coordinated the submission of new grants, progress reports, and competitive renewals to funding agencies.
- Communicated with faculty and staff to ensure that project expenses are consistent with the progress.
- Prepared financial reports for presentation.
- Supported the Department Manager with duties necessary to maintain efficiency.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN