North Highlands CA 95660
To obtain the position of Grill Chef with your organization where my superior culinary knowledge and skills will be an asset.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in kitchen management at superior dining restaurants
- Profound knowledge of every feature of kitchen be it food taste, hygiene, cooking and even shutdowns
- Huge knowledge of multi cuisine specialty food with international and local taste
- Proficient in cooking and presenting grill food varieties
- Operational knowledge of steamer, deep fryer, ovens, broilers, and grills
- Familiarity with cuisine related practices, standards and principles
- Skilled at food preparation using Teppanyaki grill
- Ability to handle and work with meat
- Ability to use efficiently all kitchen grill equipments
Destination Hotels & Resorts, Pittsburgh, PA
August 2007 – Present
- Supervised kitchen staff with aim to motivate them to work well and continue to stay with company.
- Provided safe working environment in kitchen for all employees.
- Planned, implemented, coordinated and supervised all stages of food production in hotel in effective and efficient manner.
- Administered regular cleaning and maintenance of grill and other kitchen equipments.
- Developed, suggested, practiced and supervised kitchen budget.
- Analyzed, administered and controlled financial aspect of food and labor using different management systems.
- Created and implemented food back-ups and menus in compliance with corporate guidelines to improve revenues as well as profits consistently.
- Implemented changes in cooking techniques and varieties to allure business.
Zermatt & Homestead Resorts, Pittsburgh, PA
May 2004 – July 2007
- Provided assistance to monitor cooking workstations in regard to menus, production, presentation and staff.
- Complied with given recipes, cooking techniques, menu selection and staff events to offer best possible guest experience.
- Controlled food production to minimum spoilage and wastage.
- Followed all cooking operation procedures and standards for food preparation.
- Ensured cooking and storage area was maintained clean.
- Administered cost control on food and labor expenses.
- Trained, mentored and monitored food production stages to assure expenses were within allocated budget yet upholding quality of food.
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Grove City College, Grove City, PA