North Highlands CA 95660
To help the company grow and expand using my experience as Health Fitness Specialist. Years of experience in the field helps me to improve and to help the business grow and advance.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in fitness assessment and exercise prescription
- In-depth knowledge of aging, disability issues and memory support strategies
- Extensive knowledge of exercise prescription, medications, contraindications, and risk factors
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Excel, Word and MS Access
- Skilled in designing, implementing, and evaluating fitness programs
- Good understanding of exercise physiology, Body composition, Muscular strength and endurance testing
- Ability to recognize signs of fatigue, injury and physiological stress
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
Health Fitness Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Health Fitness Corporation, Madison, WI
- Supervised facility and monitored equipment and participant safety.
- Provided individual and group exercise instruction; educated participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conducted fitness testing and assessments and advised participants of results
- Designed individualized programs to meet the member’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Promoted program offerings and conducted outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Created and maintained bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
Health Fitness Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Walgreens Health and Wellness, Madison, WI
- Provided optimal performance of the Fitness Center to meet the needs and satisfaction of client.
- Handled and resolved customer issues and ensured effective problem resolution.
- Assisted team in implementation of strategic program and marketing plans.
- Ensured compliance to equipment preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assisted in the establishment and on-going coordination of the membership database and adherence program.
- Maintained participant files and database.
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science & Health Promotion, Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX