North Highlands CA 95660
Looking for employment as a Healthcare Compliance Officer with a top rated organization that suits my expertise and experience levels.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in healthcare compliance and quality assurance
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and fraud and abuse laws
- Familiarity with privacy laws, FCPA, Export Control Act
- Proficient in using MS Office Programs – Word, Excel & Outlook
- Solid understanding of regulatory and legal standards
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust
- Abilityto initiate administrative activities, and institute compliance control procedures
Healthcare Compliance Officer, August 2005 – Present
Siemens, Stockton, CA
- Ensured employee compliance with the healthcare compliance and business ethics policies and guidelines.
- Lead training initiatives, conducted investigations of alleged non-compliance, and audited and monitored business activities.
- Identified and determined areas of external and internal risk based on company policies, and FDA laws and regulations.
- Overseen the work of functional leads responsible for audit, monitoring, investigations, privacy and training to ensure effective and successful mitigation of identified risks.
- Achieved key compliance objectives in a timely manner and in coordination with business operations and sales training.
Healthcare Compliance Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Compliance Search, Stockton, CA
- Developed and implemented the annual HCO work plan and managed the cost center budget.
- Established routine internal and external communications regarding Healthcare Compliance Program.
- Determined annual compliance training needs for the commercial and Medical Affairs organizations.
- Directed central program for Healthcare Compliance training and worked closely with business training groups.
- Recommended corrective action for any identified weaknesses in compliance controls.
- Overseen internal investigations of ethics and healthcare compliance violations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Brazosport College, Lake Jackson, TX