North Highlands CA 95660
Seeking employment as a Hospital Security Officer. Want opportunity to use my past expertise to better the organization as a whole.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Strong experience in Healthcare Security
- Operational knowledge of video and audio surveillance equipment, paging and radio communications equipment
- Sound knowledge of preparing lesson plans and utilizing training aids
- Familiarity with Emergency Detention Orders (EDO’s) and Protective Custody Orders (PCO’s)
- Skilled in maintaining a “Lost & Found” for personal belongings found on premises
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate core Security values of honesty and integrity
Hospital Security Officer, August 2005 – Present
South Shore Hospital, Ithaca, NY
- Performed all security related tasks and prepared reports of unusual activities and events.
- Participated in activities not directly related to Security operations as approved by Security Management.
- Performed facility lockdown as dictated and screens visitors and employees seeking entry after hours.
- Exhibited good judgment during critical situations and maintained a professional and authoritative demeanor at all times.
- Assessed situations with consideration for age of individuals involved.
- Gathered information pertaining to incidents such as thefts and accidents
Hospital Security Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Bloomington Hospital, Ithaca, NY
- Handled emergency situations and security threats in a professional manner, following established procedures.
- Participated in investigations of security incidents.
- Performed rounds of the facility and campus at designated intervals.
- Completed paper work accurately, completely, and timely.
- Assured that offices and departments are secure when vacant.
- Monitored cameras and take appropriate actions to respond to any potential threats and unsafe incidents.
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Lourdes College, Sylvania, OH